Tuesday, June 16, 2015

calendar marked: normandy


rough times have been had and i'm drained. i came home tonight and just laid on my dad's side of the bed while my mother picked my brain to figure out what was going on. life. just life.

i asked her if we could get away for a bit. i asked for norway and she said, "how about colorado?" then, having realized my accumulated leave is practically non-existent, we started thinking about places a little closer to home. a weekend trip. we decided on normandy. 

turns out, normandy is a pretty big region. we plan on hitting etretat in upper normandy first and booking a hotel there for a night. the photos of the views look amazing. we'll then hit the southern part of normandy and see mont saint-michel, the american cemetary, omaha beach, and all places in between. 

i love my mother and her ideas. it's time to escape for a minute.

all my love,
E

1 comment:

  1. This trip sounds really fun! Hope you will have a good time :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete