Sunday, October 12, 2014

guy talk

working at a youth sports program has its perks. my hours allow me to sleep in almost every morning. i get paid to play soccer every afternoon. i don't have to say "credit or debit" anymore. it's wonderful.

and some of our coaches are pretty cute. and by cute i mean hot. it took me a good two weeks to even speak a word to one of them. even then i couldn't look him in the eye. even still.

"just talk to him. he's just a person." -friend
"uhm, no. he's not. he's gorgeous. too gorgeous to talk to." -me
"stop being dramatic." -friend
"i'm not being dramatic. you need to come see this." -me
"it's like you're 15 again." -friend
"no. it's like theo james just walked out of a tv screen and got lost so now he's coaching one of our football teams." -me
"oh, boy." -friend
"more like oh, man." -me

fast forward two months later. cute coach finds it funny i spent a month not being able to look at his face and i find myself driving out to the east football field to get some papers signed by his coaching team. any excuse to get out of the office, right? papers get signed (and also dropped in a puddle, whoops) and then i stick around because, helllooo, why would i leave?

everyone clears out except me, duh, and two of the coaches. the conversations that took place at this point were just amusing. i never knew guys had their own version of girl talk. maybe they don't know it either but they do.

i listened to them talk about birth control. and how it takes forever to wear off (or so they think). and how girls want to test myths about certain races and certain sizes, if ya catch my drift. they even talked about cooking. cooking chocolate bread. clothes were discussed. and how you need to tell girls when you love them. or something like that. i only half listened at that point because there was a girl learning stick shift in the parking lot and my car was right in the line of fire.

anyway. it's just stuff i thought only girls talked about together. i don't know why it amazes me that guys talk about this stuff with each other. like really. birth control. my mind is blown. i just always assumed that guys stuck to the usual "hey, did you catch the game last night? yeah, so and so threw the ball to blah blah blah and crossed that white line thing. it was freakin' awesome, man." but maybe not.

i'm still not over it.

all my love,
E.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!