Friday, February 27, 2015

the versatile blogger award



i've been nominated for the versatile blogger award by these two awesome girls: jessica and lola. this is another great award that goes out to feature blogs with noteworthy content and pictures. thank you so much, girls, for the nomination!

the rules:
- thank the person who nominated you
- share seven little-known facts about yourself
- nominate others to do the same

facts:
1. when i was 7, i gave the tooth fairy an ultimatum through a note tucked under my pillow. either "fork over fifty bucks" or "i'll never believe in you again." i didn't get my fifty dollars. but i got to keep my tooth. and my attitude.

2. in kindergarten, our teacher asked us all what we wanted to be when we grew up. the girl before me said that she wanted to be a vet. girl stole my answer. i used to think it was nearly a sin to give the same answer to such a question so when i was asked what i wanted to be, i just sat there in silence not knowing what to do. the teacher snapped saying we didn't have all day. so i blurted, "a cowgirl!" yup. a cowgirl. life goals right there.

3. my parents set up a family trip to disney world and seaworld for christmas one year. most kids would probably enjoy that. i was miserable everyday of the trip. all i wanted to do was go back to the hotel and swim in the pool all afternoon. i'm half fish.

4. i was given a kitten for my eleventh birthday. a black kitten with a white dot on her chest. i named her 'dottie.' she was a stray and really shy. she became attached to me. only me. i loved that cat so much. you don't even know. when i was sixteen, she got hit by a car. i cried for weeks, missed school, and slept with a picture of her beside my bed. sounds pathetic. but i'm pretty sure that's the only time in my life that i've ever truly experienced heartbreak.

5. if i were ever to get a tattoo, i would want 'sweetheart' written in my grandmother's handwriting on the back of my neck. i can still hear her calling me that. i miss her so much.

6. when i misbehaved as a youngin', my dad would go outside, walk across the street and stand next to a pine tree. he told me the easter bunny lived under that tree. i believed him. my parents kept me disciplined by standing next to a pine tree. "alright, i'm going to go have a talk with the easter bunny." "noooooo!" i don't think you ever stop being so naive. you just become naive about different things.

7. i had to give a talk in church once. my friend was asked to talk on the same day. when we got to church, she had her talk all written out and ready to go. i had an index card with three bullet points. while she gave her talk, i panicked over mine. when my turn came, i got up, stood at the podium and looked at the congregation. i began speaking and everything just flowed. no hesitations, no mistakes, nothing. i do better speaking to a large group of people than one-on-one. i get nervous when having to look someone in the eye.

nominations:
jessica in your ear
my life as katy
the aj minute
life modifier
sam hates running

good luck!

all my love,
E

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!