Friday, February 20, 2015

venice

the wanderlust has been real lately. all i want to do is travel, take pictures, eat food, and sleep. unfortunately, my work schedule and bank account are working against me. until we're on the same page, i'm just going to have to relive all of my favorite travels through old pictures and try to curb the craving a tad.

i went through my pictures from venice today. i absolutely love venice. my mom and i took a visit during the summer of 2013. i'll be honest and say that i had no idea that venice was an island until we boarded a ferry to get there. and i had no idea that cars didn't exist there. but i did know that venice has a hard rock cafe. and, let's be real, that is one of the first things you're supposed to look up about the city you're visiting. twisted mac and cheese? the best.

we didn't just eat hard rock cafe food, of course. we had real italian pizza. ham pizza. it was stellar. yes, stellar. and we had gelato for dessert. guys. i ate gelato in venice. i ate pizza in venice. i'm still not over it and it's been almost two years.

my favorite memory from this trip is definitely the gondola ride. my mother is deathly afraid of boats. she was fine until we went out into the grand canal. the bigger boats passing by made our little gondola rock a little too much for her. i've never seen her grip anything as tight as she did the side of that poor gondola. seriously so funny. i was proud of her for going, though. you can't go to venice and not go for a gondola ride. right?





i'll be back. one day. promise.

all my love,
E


1 comment:

  1. i loveeee this post - and i feel completely the same as you - serious wanderlust right now! i'm going to venice in the summer with my friends, as we are travelling around europe, and this has made me super super excited. i'm definitely going to eat gelato and ham pizza whilst i'm there! ahaha. lots of love xx

    ohsnapanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete